Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Lemon Mint Cucumber Water.

So we decided to try the "detox water". It consists of water, cucumber, lemon and mint. It looks good and all the benefits seem to scream "You have to drink this!" We made a pitcher to split. Pretty much you use two to three lemons (you can substitute a lime for a lemon) a whole small cucumber or half a large cucumber. Add about fifteen mint leaves and let it sit for at least four hours. The longer it sits to more flavor comes out of the lemons and cucumbers.

*In the picture we had already drank half of the water. You would fill it all the way up. This is a one gallon jug.

We tried it this week. We used two lemons and one lime. Fifteen mint leaves and ended up with a whole large cucumber. After about four hours and it just tasted like cucumber water. After sitting all night it has a very strong lemon-cucumber flavor. That is very good for people who like those flavors. I have to say I missed my regular water after one bottle full of it. I actually love the flavor of regular water. I take a water bottle and fill it with ice water every morning on the way to work. It usually last me till lunch and then I refill it on my lunch break. So this I had to kind of force myself to drink. I think it would be something to get used to.

So have you guys tried this? I think I might try the watermelon-lemon(lime) water next. For more information about the benefits and how to make it go here: http://everydayroots.com/detox-drink-for-cleansing

No comments:

Post a Comment