Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Summer Is Coming!

We have about 9 weeks left of school for the kids and that means 9 weeks of work left for me! I work for the school so I can be out when the kids are out on holidays and such. So I am sitting here thinking of what we can do this summer while we are out.

There is always the local water park but since it is the only one in town it can get a bit pricey especially for the size. We could drive 2 hours to Myrtle Beach and the water park there is so much better! It's also cheaper! I mean it takes an hour to get to the closest water park here anyway. Plus I have never been to Myrtle waves and I think it would be a fun weekend trip!

I mean who wouldn't want to ride this?

Then there is the mountains. I would love to see some caves this summer or visit somewhere like Stone Mountain or Chimney Rock. Both of them have some beautiful views I would love to see!



Then there is Carowinds! Roller coasters and water park in one! That is a place to really waste a day away! I love roller coasters and the kids are finally tall enough to ride most of them! I bet if I asked them, this would be the place they would pick to go!


What it really boils down to is getting away and spending some time with the family and having fun! I would be just as happy on some trails while the kids learn about nature and seeing how beautiful this world is as I would be getting an adrenaline rush on roller coaster!

So tell me are there any places you would like to visit? Any place I should put on my list to consider? All in all I can't wait for summer to get here so we can enjoy some time together as a family.

3 comments:

  1. As many times as I have been to myrtle beach I have never been to Myrtle waves. The hotel that we stay at has a little water park for younger kids so it pretty much suits our needs for now. I hear that new Pirate show there is AWESOME! Chimney Rock is pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to Myrtle Waves either. I have heard of a lot of people making the trip to go though. I have also heard about the Pirate show. Isn't it where they used to have the Dixie Stampede? I went to that once and it was pretty fun! You have been to Chimney rock? How cool! Do you have any pictures?

      Delete
  2. That looks like fun!
    I'm stopping by and following along via the linkin' with my ladies hop. ;)
    Maria
    www.thislifesbeautifulmoments.com

    ReplyDelete