Friday, October 11, 2013

So Busy!

First of all, thank you to all my new readers! Second....of all, sorry that it may take me a while to reply to blog comments. I have been super busy the past two weeks! 

Last weekend was Riverfest. Saturday morning we took some stuff over and piggy backed on a friend's yard sale. Later we took the kids down to Riverfest and they did the Pirate Treasure hunt. 

The way it works is pretty simple. You go to the starter place and pick up a map. Then you walk down to each of the stores listed and they hand out prizes. They got eye patches and free ice cream. Plus lots of other neat stuff. It is totally free and it is a lot of fun!












In addition to all that, they have street venders, a children's area with bouncy houses and inflatable slides. There was even a lumber jack contest. 





It is a really great way to get out of the house and not spend anything. That is unless you want too! We all had a lot of fun!

Sunday was dedicated to laundry, house cleaning, and meal planning for the next two weeks.  I work 9 1/2 hours Monday through Thursdays for a half day on Friday. By the time I get home from work, cook dinner, check the kids homework and all that fun stuff, I just have enough time for my work out and bed time! 

I hope to be able to start up a weekly or bi weekly post with dinner ideas with recipes and my workouts and progress. I just hope to find the time! This weekend we are taking the kids to a corn maze about an hour away. It isn't free but it does sound like a cool thing to do! I'll take my real camera this time!


1 comment:

  1. That pirate treasure hunt sounds like a blast! How fun! How neat that there are also vendors and bouncy houses. Nothing beats free :D
    Hope you have an amazing weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete