Monday, September 23, 2013

What's That On My Face!

What's that on my face? It's a paper mask! 




This month in my IPSY.com glam bag I received these paper masks. I waited till this weekend to try them out so that if I had a reaction I would have the weekend for my face to recover! lol 

I tend to have oily skin so I used the Purifying Star Fruit. It is to purify and help control oil. The Blue Agave is for hydration and the Rose is for brighter skin. 

So step one is to wash your face with your regular cleanser. 



I use Mary Kay Timewise 3 in 1 cleanser for oily to combination skin. I have been using it for two years now and it is the best cleanser I have tried. Like ever. 


Step two, unfold the mask and peel paper from the liner and discard. It is very wet and floppy once you remove it from the liner. 


Step three, apply to face and smooth out. This thing looks like something from a horror movie! The eye holes are weirdly close together. It does stay on very well till time to remove. It says to keep on for five to ten minutes. I think I left mine on for five.


The last step is to remove the mask and throw away. 



Now your first natural response would be to wash your face. Ehh wrong! Don't wash your face! The product will seep into your skin after a few minutes of having the mask off. It is kind of sticky feeling for a while (as you can probably tell in my picture below). So if you plan on doing this, I would do it when you aren't planning on going anywhere for a while. Bed time might be the best option. 


I can't really tell you if they work or not. I will tell you, my daughter and I had fun trying it out! Do you have any beauty products that you use on a regular basis? I would love to hear what you use! 

Join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Michelle Phan curates the bags! Check it out here: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-heivoksg1qszpca




5 comments:

  1. Those look like fun! I have a couple of masks in the cupboard that I should really use more frequenty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for our comment! Your blog is so cool! I started working out and eating well. So it is right up my alley. I am going to check out your protein shakes now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad they worked for you. I really didn't like mine... they were WAY To small for my face, it was like I got the kids version...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like an easy to use mask, and definitely something I could use to scare my boys with ha ha! Glad that yours worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I would've gotten these in my Ipsy bag. I also have oily skin and I would love to try the mask you used. I will have to keep an eye out and purchase a few.

    Found you through TFBBH!

    xoxo, Lily | beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete