Monday, September 16, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag September

This month's theme was Classic Beauty.



I was excited about this month! The bag was a beautiful blue (my favorite color!) . Here is a picture of the bag and all the items. 


I opened it up and the first thing I tried was the lip balm by Cailyn Cosmetics. It comes in a very cool package. The balm is in the bottom and there is a applicator brush in the top. It goes on so smooth! It packs a powerful punch of color with using very little product. It was actually a little surprising for a "balm". Mine was in the Big Apple shade. I'm not sure if it's right for me. But here is a picture for you to see!



I was really happy to get a full size eye liner! It's made by Starlooks and came in the color Obsidian. The name even sounds cool! These are famous for being a great pencil for that smoky eye look. This pencil is goes on smooth because it is creamier than most liners.  I wore it to work today and it didn't smear or even flake off like my normal brand. I love it! Very happy with this! 



The mascara was a little bit of a disappointment. I received a mascara last month in my bag and they always seem to come in trial size. This one is Elizabeth Mott, It's So Big Volumizing Mascara. I says to use several layers to get more volume. I only used one layer today because I was going to work. It does define each lash and it didn't flake or wear off throughout the day. Depending on the price I might be willing to buy a full size.




I also received a full size eye shadow. It is by NYX. The shade is called Fantasy. The color is awesome! It is a gold color with a little shimmer.  I will be honest, I would have rather had the grey but I might just hop over and buy it with my 30% code that comes with this months bag! 


Last but not least were the Freeman Beauty Facial Paper Mask. There were three different ones. I have not tried these yet. My skin can be temperamental, so I am saving these for the weekend and I will make a separate post on them. I'm including a picture to hold you guys over till then! 


As an added bonus they included an actual size card with Michelle Phan The Life Palette. It shows what the palette looks like and even has a mini sample on the bottom. It is a little out of my price range but I did go check it out and maybe if they gave us a coupon I would consider investing it it! 


You can check it out at emcosmetics.com 

You can join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Michelle Phan curates the bags! Check it out here: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-heivoksg1qszpca





3 comments:

  1. Very nice review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. I think I might have to try out the Ipsy box. Looks like you get a lot of neat things!

    ReplyDelete